WHAT IT DOES
Berberine offers metabolic support for glucose and lipid metabolism.* It also supports healthy blood sugar and insulin levels already within a normal range.*
HOW IT WORKS
Clinical studies demonstrate that berberine supports healthy lipid metabolism and cholesterol homeostasis.*1-6 Berberine can activate an important metabolic enzyme known as adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK), a central regulator of cellular energy homeostasis.* Mechanistic research in vitro and in vivo suggests that berberine can decrease cholesterol and triglyceride synthesis by activating AMPK.7-9&
In addition to supporting lipid metabolism, berberine supports healthy glucose metabolism and blood sugar management already within a normal range.*2-5 Mechanistic research in vitro suggests that berberine can support healthy glucose regulation through promoting glucose uptake in cells via GLUT4 translocation.7
- Kong W et al. Nat Med. 2004;10(12):1344-51.
- Yin J et al. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-7.
- Zhang Y et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93(7):2559-2565.
- Yang J et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:363845.
- Perez-Rubio K et al. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013;11(5):366-9.
- Cao C et al. Exp Ther Med. 2019;17(4):3009-3014.
- Lee YS et al. Diabetes. 2006;55:2256-64.
- Brusq JM et al. J Lipid Res. 2006;47(6):1281-8.
- Jiang D et al. Lipids Health Dis. 2016;15:214.